Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jens Quistgaard's Dansk Pepper mills

Photo: Nordiska Style

I've been eyeing Dansk pepper mills for quite a long time, and I recently (finally) got one! Dansk re-released 5 of Jens Quistgaard pepper mills in 2009, and this one, the "Jane" was first seen in 1965. They're now made from acacia wood instead of teak, and the current production is no longer made in Denmark. Still, this one, with its wonderful curvy design really looks amazing in real life, and it works pretty well. It's a combined salt shaker and pepper mill, practical and sculptural!

Even though I'm really happy with it, I'd love to invest in some original Dansk mills from the 60's. There's a great book called Danish Pepper: Jens Quistgaard's Teak Pepper Mills by Mark Perlson, a must-have if you want to start a collection, or if you're just interested in Danish modern design in general. 

I also found on Teak Pepper this stunning collection (I'm just a little jealous)!



No comments:

Post a Comment