Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coffee and semla on a Sunday afternoon

Image from Nordiska Style

Sunday afternoon, it snows lightly, and after waking up late and reading the papers for hours, it's now time for another cup of coffee with one of my favorite indulgence, a semla! Semlor (plural) are wheat-flour cardamom spiced buns with almond paste and whipped cream. Yummy! Traditionally, it was eaten before and during Lent only, but nowadays, they're available in shops after Christmas, and the "semla season" last roughly 3 months (but nothing stops you to make you own semlor in May if you want to! Personally, I don't as I prefer to have something to look forward to in January/February!). These buns are a serious matter here in Sweden, and every year in the newspaper, you can find a list of the best semlor in town. And now, if you excuse me, I have to find out myself in the semla above deserves a place in my personal top 10...
   Have a lovely Sunday!

P.S. The vintage tray, thermos and Rörstrand cups are thrift stores finds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment